Before we complete the college review, let us look at the major details of the JIMSH Kolkata.
|College Name||Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science & Hospital, Kolkata|
|Popular Name||JIMSH Kolkata|
|Location||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Affiliated with||West Bengal University of health sciences, Kolkata|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Counselling Conducted Authority||West Bengal Main Computerised Counselling (WBMCC)|
|Category||Medical Colleges in West Bengal|
Affiliation, Recognition and Achievement
- Affiliated with: West Bengal University of Health Sciences, Kolkata
- Approved by: National Medical Commission (NMC)
- Aid Status: Private
- Anti Ragging
- Counselling Services
- Healthcare Services
- Technical Issues
|Centre for Community Medicine||Blood Bank|
|Medical Social & Welfare Services||Dental Hospital|
Before discussing, let us look at the courses overview offered in Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata.
|MBBS||4.6+1 year Internship|
Here in this selection, we will let you about JIMSH Kolkata MBBS Syllabus. Let’s have a look.
|Pre-clinical||1-2: Two Semesters||Anatomy, Biochemistry, Physiology|
|Para-clinical||3-4-5: Three Semesters||Community Medicine; Forensic Medicine, Pathology, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Clinical postings inwards, OPDs to begin here;|
|Clinical||6-7-8-9: Four Semesters||Community Medicine, Medicine and allied subjects (Psychiatry, Dermatology); Obst. Gynae.; Pediatrics; Surgery and allied subjects|
(Anesthesiology, E.N.T., Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics);
|Subjects||Compulsory time duration for Internship|
|Community Medicine||2 months|
|Medicine including 15 days of Psychiatry||2 months|
|Surgery including 15 days Anaesthesia||2 months|
|Obstt./Gynae. including Family Welfare Planning||2 months|
|Orthopaedics including PMR||1 month|
|Elective posting||15 days|
Faculty & Staff
This College provides a good ratio of well trained and highly educated faculty members equipped with modern technology. It also provides sufficient numbers of non-technical staff to provide an ambience of self-learning to the students. As faculty members of JIMSH Kolkata, they are responsible for contributing and sustenance the standards of medical education in the institution. All the faculty of the campus comply with the relevant policies, which are given below:
- Describe appropriate care based on the best available scientific evidence.
- Reduce inappropriate variation in value-based practices
- Provide more rational and practical behaviour towards the subject Taught.
- Focussing more and more on continuing education
- To promote efficient use of available resources
- To act as the focus for quality control, including audit
- To highlight shortcomings of existing literature and suggest appropriate future research
Admission to various Programmes at Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata is made based on the candidate’s performance in NEET. If you are applying for this college, these useful resources about Jagannath Gupta Institute of Medical Science Kolkata will help you do proper research about the college.
The fees structure of the JIMSH Kolkata for the undergraduate medical course is mentioned below.
|For JIMSH||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the State Quota through the rules of reservation as applicable (NEET-UG Qualified)||For MBBS seats to be filled up by the Management Quota (NEET-UG Qualified)|
|Tuition fee per Semester (Rs)||1,58,000||6,34,000|
|Admission fee (Rs.)||50,000||1,00,000|
|Caution Money (refundable) (Rs.)||15,000||15,000|
|1. TRIPLE NON -AC-1,20,000 par Ann.||10,000 Par Month|
|2. TRIPLE AC- 1,44,000 par Ann.||12,000 Par Month|
|3. SINGLE AC- 1,80,000 par Ann.||15,000 Par Month|
|4. HOSTEL CAUTION (REFUNDABLE)-||25,000 /-|
BANK GUARANTEE & BOND AMOUNT:
- For Government Quota: Rs 12,64,000/-
- For Management Quota: Rs 50,72,000/-
NOTE:- Mentioned fee subject to change.
The College Cut-off is the minimum marks prescribed by the selection board for the admission of students. A merit list will be designed on these Cutoff scores. Aspirants who apply for the Institute needs to clear the Cutoff for various courses.
- Aspirants are required to obtain minimum qualifying percentile marks in NEET 2021 entrance examination in order to qualify for further admission process.
- Candidates who belong to SC/ ST/ OBC are required to obtain marks equivalent to at least 40thpercentile to be considered for AIQ and state counselling process.
- Aspirants who belong to UR category are required to score equivalent to at least 50thpercentile