Every year, thousands of Indian Medical students face the prime concern of getting admission in a good medical institution for higher studies. Few students manage to clear the entrance tests for government universities while others keep looking for options in private universities. Most of the students cannot afford the high donation the private universities ask for. In such circumstances come the foreign medical universities to the salvage of Indian medical students. Many universities in different countries are offering MBBS and other medical programs at an affordable price, which is certainly not the case in Indian universities.
MBBS abroad provides Indian students with a single hand solution to all the troubles and concerns they might have. Many countries, which are believed to be the best countries for MBBS are known for not only providing affordable options but also for the best quality education. MBBS abroad also opens up new worldly opportunities to its pursuers.
Nowadays, many countries offer high-quality medical education at very affordable prices. The students from various countries including India, China, Nepal and Bangladesh etc are willing to study MBBS abroad. Amongst the top picks, come the countries like Russia, Ukraine, Germany and many such countries. The medical universities in Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Germany, etc follow the international curriculum reputed across the world. The universities in these countries are approved by major organizations like WHO and enlisted with the National Medical Council (NMC) earlier known as the Medical Council Of India (NMC/MCI).
Nowadays, students not only look for affordable medical education but also the quality of education provided in medical colleges abroad. Therefore, these countries have gained significant popularity. The process of admission to MBBS in medical universities abroad is very simple and hassle-free. In such destinations, there is no need to clear any entrance examinations like TOEFL and IELTS.
One of the major questions students have in their mind after completing MBBS abroad is, ‘how can I practice in India?’. Once you have completed your MBBS abroad, the students have to follow 3 more steps in order to practice in India.
- To clear the FMGE/NExT Exam.
- Complete 1 year of internship in India.
- To register with NMC/MCI as a medical practitioner.
After completing the above process, the medical students can appear for NEET for PG (Entrance test for PG leading to MD / MS). The completion of the above steps after completion of MBBS abroad, entitles a student to appear for the PG program in India.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Abroad 2022-23:
- MBBS at an Affordable Cost-Once you choose to study MBBS abroad you get the chance to study at the top medical universities abroad at an extremely low cost.
- No Donation Or Capitation Fee Is Required- Unlike the Indian private medical universities, top medical universities abroad like Russia, Ukraine, Kyrgyzstan, etc do not require you to pay huge amounts in the form of donation or the capitation fees.
- No Entrance Test Is Required To Seek Admission- In order to study MBBS in Abroad, Indian students just need to secure a minimum of 50% in their 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and qualify NEET UG. Entrance examinations like IELTS & TOEFL are not required.
- Extremely Low Cost Of Living- This factor is highly dependent on the lifestyle of the student. The majority of foreign countries who are offering MBBS in Abroad are from Europe, where the cost of living is extremely low. If we talk about Russia, the monthly average living expense is somewhere between 100-150 USD $ (Indian Rupee- 69.31 INR) including all overhead expenses.
- Best World Class Infrastructure- Medical universities of Abroad offer world class Infrastructure with all the latest equipment.
- Opportunity To Get Great International Exposure- Students will get the chance to meet the students coming from different countries, ethnicity, and background in the Top Medical Universities Abroad. This exposure will be of great help for all the students trying to settle in a new country.
- English Taught Programs- Medical universities of Abroad use the English language as the medium of education. It’s not mandatory for students to learn the local language of the country to study MBBS in that country. However, it is beneficial for the students and assists them in their holistic development.
- Availability Of Hostel- All the medical universities of Abroad provides comfortable and cosy hostel accommodation to all its international students. Indian students will be happy to know that the majority of medical universities Abroad, offer Indian food too.
MBBS in Abroad is one of the great options Indian medical aspirants can opt to see the transformation of their dreams into a reality.
Best Universities for MBBS in Abroad 2022-23
Some of the top medical universities in abroad are listed below:
- Tver State Medical University
- Orenburg State Medical University
- Perm State Medical University
- Mari State University
- Siberian State Medical University
- Osh State University
- Jalalabad State University
- International School of Medicine
- Kyiv National Medical University
- Kharkiv National Medical University
Admissions for Session 2022 are open. Limited Seats. Apply Now!
Important Factors to consider before choosing the medical university to study MBBS in Abroad:
Once you have selected the country to study MBBS in Abroad, the next step is to choose the right medical university. MBBS abroad provides unlimited options and opportunities to its pursuers. Here are some of the tips that would guide you better in selecting the best medical university to study MBBS in Abroad.
- Know the grade of the university
- The experience of university in teaching MBBS
- The recognition of the university
- Tuition fee and accommodation cost
- Whether the university offers FMGE/NExT coaching or not
- Availability of Indian food in the hostel canteen
- Check out the number of Indian students in the university
Admission Process for MBBS in abroad
MBBS abroad has now become a popular choice among the thousands of students. It does not require a lot of complicated process and charges. The entire process of admission in medical colleges abroad is very simple. MBBS abroad promises a ton of opportunities for its students. The student needs to submit the documents to us and we initiate the process of admission immediately. The admission letter is issued on submission of the following documents:
- 12th Level results with eligibility matching as per the university.
- Copy of the passport.
After submitting the documents, the student gets an invitation from the Ministry of Education from the respective country. After this, the consultant applies for the visa for the student. The students are provided with pre-departure training. A representative is available at the airport to see of the students and one representative is available at the destination airport to receive the students. The students are provided with accommodation of the University.
Cost of MBBS in Abroad
MBBS abroad provides a solution for the feasible study of medical education. The cost of MBBS in Russia, MBBS in Ukraine, MBBS in Kyrgyzstan, MBBS in China, MBBS in Bangladesh, MBBS in Guyana and other similar countries is significantly lower than that of the private medical colleges of India. Also, the cost of living in these countries is very affordable for international students. Some students with high grades also get scholarships from these universities.
Eligibility Criteria to study MBBS in Abroad:
Admission criteria reserved for Indian students to seek admission in MBBS in any of the Best Medical Universities of Abroad are mentioned below:
- Indian Medical aspirant (non- reserved category) must have secured a minimum of 50% in their 12th from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For reserved category such as (SC/ST/OBC) medical aspirants can apply with the minimum of 40% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology, according to the guidelines of NMC/MCI (Medical Council of India).
- Medical aspirants have to be NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test), as it is mandatory from 2019 onwards.
Important Details about FMGE/NExT and USMLE (United States Medical Licensing Examination):
The abbreviation FMGE stands for Foreign Medical Graduate Examination and is also known as NMC/MCI Screening Test. National Boards of Examination is the body responsible for conducting this exam/test. This test is mandatory for all Indian and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) to get a provisional or permanent license with the NMC/MCI (Medical Council of India) of SMC (State Medical Council); as per the regulations of the screening test.
Students studying MBBS in Abroad have to appear and clear the FMGE/NExT exam which is basically a medical licensing exam of India. However, clearing the FMGE is necessary for all foreign return graduates, if they want to practice their medical career in India. FMGE would soon be replaced by NExT from 2023, which would be compulsory for all the medical graduates of India as well as MBBS abroad.
NMC/MCI screening test (FMGE) tends to be the most difficult exam of your medical career, but yes, if you have a strong foundation on your medical studies gained from the Top Medical Universities Abroad, then you can be easily come out it with flying colours.
The students can apply for FMGE registration, only after they return back to India after their completion of MBBS in Abroad. The exam will be completely computer-based conducted at various different centres across India. The exam is organized twice in a year (December & June).
USMLE- United States Medical Licensing Examination is a three-step medical examination which allows the medical graduates to practice their medical career in the U.S. All medical aspirants can appear only three times within 12 months for USMLE.
The USMLE is under the governance of two medical bodies- the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
Option for Higher Education in the field of Medicine
Now, it is a well established fact that MBBS abroad provides unlimited opportunities of hStudents who are looking ahead to pursuing their post-graduation in the field of medicine Russia is the best medical destination among all the countries who are providing Post-Graduation in medicine. Medical post-graduation from Russia is believed to be one of the best and wise options for all the students who want to study PG in medicine in Abroad. The degree awarded by the medical universities of Russia after the completion of medical post-graduation is an M.D (Medicine Faculty) or M.S (Master of Surgery).
It is mandatory for the students to complete the 1-year preparatory department before they start their main course.
The duration of post-graduate or Clinical Residency programs:
- Surgical- 3 years
- Non-surgical- 2 years
Planning to study MBBS in Abroad or Medical Post-Graduation in Russia then visit Rus Education as it is one of the eminent organization helping Indian medical aspirants to select the best and suitable university to achieve their dream of becoming a qualified doctor and get a license to practice in India, from last 25 years.
Advantages of Studying MBBS from Asian Countries-
Advantages of studying MBBS in China
- The duration of the medical program in China is of 6 years.
- MBBS internship in China is valid in India.
- 20:1 is the student-teacher ratio with a huge patient inflow.
- To study MBBS any ‘A’ Grade medical university in China is around Rs. 30-35 Lakhs.
- To study MBBS any ‘B’ Grade medical university of China is around Rs. 20 Lakhs.
- FMGE/NExT Test coaching is available.
- All medical universities are NMC/MCI approved.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- All the Medical Universities of Bangladesh are recognized by Medical Council of India (NMC/MCI) and are enlisted with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
- The course duration is of 6 (5+1) years.
- Indian students experience a similar culture and climate In Bangladesh to that in India.
- The total cost of MBBS from Bangladesh is between 25-35 lakhs (INR) inclusive of accommodation and food.
- The country has the highest rate of FMGE passing percentage.
- Food and taste are similar to the food available in India.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Kyrgyzstan
- Kyrgyzstan is the hub of medical education in Central Asia.
- The course duration is of 6 years.
- 4000+ India Medical aspirants are pursuing their MBBS with High-Quality medical education.
- You can become a globally recognized doctor in just 10-15 Lakhs (INR).
- All the medical universities are approved by Medical Council of India.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Kazakhstan
- The total cost of MBBS in Kazakhstan which includes food and accommodation is about 20-25 Lakhs (INR).
- The course duration is of 5 years.
- All Medical Universities are NMC/MCI approved and are enlisted with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
- Indian food is easily available everywhere.
- Top Medical Universities have a large number of affiliated hospitals.
Advantages of Studying MBBS from European Countries-
Advantages of studying MBBS in Russia
- The course duration of MBBS in Russia is of 6 years (internship mandatory in Russia).
- The yearly tuition fee at top medical colleges in Russia with the low living cost is about Rs. 4.50 Lakh.
- FMGE/NExT coaching is available.
- Admission is for high-quality students with 50% in PCB at 12th level.
- Highest Indian students to study MBBS Abroad among all the countries.
- 20:1 is the student-faculty ratio with world class infrastructure and large patients flow in Moscow.
- All medical universities are NMC/MCI approved.
- Rs. 30-35 Lakhs is the total budget to study MBBS in Russia in ‘A’ graded Universities.
- Total budget required to study MBBS in Russia in ‘B’ graded Universities is of Rs. 15-20 Lakhs.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Ukraine
- The duration of MBBS course in Ukraine is of 6 years (internship mandatory in Ukraine).
- 30:1 is the student-faculty ratio with the world-class infrastructure with large patients flows in Odessa.
- Total budget required to study MBBS in Ukraine in any ‘B’ Graded University is around Rs. 17-22 Lakhs.
- FMGE/NExT coaching is available in Top Medical Universities of Ukraine.
- All Medical Universities in Ukraine are approved and recognized by the Medical Council of India (NMC/MCI)
Advantages of studying MBBS in Georgia
- The course duration of MBBS in Georgia is 5/6 years (only David Tvildiani Medical University allows internship in India/Germany/USA).
- All Medical Universities of Georgia are duly approved by the Medical Council of India (NMC/MCI).
- 20:1 is the student-teacher ratio in the majority of medical universities of Georgia.
- FMGE/NExT coaching is available in all the Top Medical Universities of Russia.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Armenia
- The duration of MBBS course is of 6 years.
- No IELTS/ TOEFL is required to seek admission in Medical Universities of Armenia.
- Medical Universities of Armenia is NMC/MCI (Medical Council of India) approved and are enlisted with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
- All Medical Universities offer a High Standard of Education.
- The average cost of pursuing MBBS from Armenia ranges between 21-25 Lakhs (INR), which includes accommodation and food charges.