About Bachelor of Ayurveda Medical and Surgery (BAMS)
BAMS is one of the most popular courses in the field of medical science apart from the MBBS. Students aspiring for a career in Bachelor of Ayurveda must have great power of concentration and determination as the courses include a lot of reading of both modern science and ancient Ayurveda texts. Ayurveda is gaining a lot of popularity not only in India but in the Western World because of its natural healing properties with minimum side effects as these medicines are prepared from natural herbs, vegetables, and plants.
Ayurveda is one of the oldest systems of medicine and traces its roots to Vedic times. It is based on the curative properties of herbs and its medicines are known for the natural elements that they contain. A Worldwide forum has been provided by the World Health Organisation (WHO) for promoting traditional medicine systems such as Ayurveda.
BAMS Course Highlights:
|Program Name||Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery|
|Duration||5.5 years (including 12 months mandatory internship)|
|Entrance Examinations||NEET, KEAM, IPU CET, BVP CET, etc.|
|Eligibility||Passed 10+2 with a minimum aggregate of 50%-60% and PCB as compulsory subjects|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam based|
|Career Opportunities||Pharmacist, Surgeon, Dieticians, Gynaecologist, Teacher, Ayurvedic Doctor, Development Officer|
|Top Recruiting Fields||Govt./Pvt Hospitals, Clinics, Healthcare community, Life science industries, Pharmaceutical industries, Dispensaries, Colleges, etc.|
BAMS Eligibility Criteria :
The minimum eligibility criteria for applying to the BAMS course are as follows:
- Candidates need to have a minimum of 50%-60% in their 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognized board. While, for SC/ST/OBC candidates, the qualifying percentage is 40%
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as the principal subjects in the twelfth board assessments.
- Candidates need to have qualified NEET by securing a minimum qualifying cutoff percentile to get admission in the BAMS course.
- Age Limit: The age limit for the BAMS program is 20 years for the general category and 24 years for the reserved category.
BAMS Admission Process :
- BAMS admissions in India are done based on Entrance tests.
- Applicants need to apply for the placement test i.e., NEET-UG, and show up in it. In this manner, up-and-comers are needed to qualify NEET directed by National Testing Agency (NTA).
- After the outcomes are out, the directing authority of the assessments readies a legitimacy list, a premise in which the guiding cycle is led.
- Applicants who make it in the directing system are allotted seats for BAMS courses at various schools.
- Interviews are also done by various colleges for giving admission to the students in BAMS
Competitors can check the schedule of BAMS referenced in the table underneath:
|I Year||II Year|
|Sanskrit||Charak Samhita (Purvardha)|
|Ayurveda Itihas||Dravyaguna Vigyan|
|Ashtanga Hridayam (Sutrasthan)||Rasashastra and Bhaishajya Kalpana|
|Rachana Sharir||Roga Vigyan Evum Vikriti Vigyan|
|Kriya Sharir||Agada Tantra, Vyavhar Ayurved Evum Vidhi Vaidya|
|III Year||IV Year|
|Prasuti Tantra Evum Stri Roga||Shalakya|
|Panchkarma||Examination Methodology and Medical Statistics|
- BAMS being an immense field in Ayurveda offers a wide scope of extension to the competitors.
- The BAMS graduates can begin their medical career as ayurvedic specialists or even they can seek Ph.D. and MD courses in Ayurveda.
- The duration of the MD course is 3 years and its normal charge is INR 20,000 to INR 10,00,000.
Top Recruiters for BAMS
The top scouts of BAMS graduates are classified beneath:
- Patanjali Ayurveda Limited
- Dabur India Limited
- Baidya Nath
- Hamdard Laboratories
- Zande Ayurveda
- Himalaya Wellness
- Surya Herbal Limited
- Hamdard Laboratories
- Vicon Laboratories
- Charak Pharma Private Limited
- Sande Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Emmi Limited
Occupation Profile for BAMS :
Previously, there were significantly two alternatives accessible for newly graduated Ayurveda specialists – higher examinations or individual practice by opening a facility. Nonetheless, these days there are plenty of open positions accessible for BAMS graduates in both public just as private areas. A portion of the businesses in which students can anticipate making a vocation subsequent to clearing BAMS are:
|Pharmacist||Candidates can also opt for a career in Ayurvedic Pharmacy. He or she can become a pharmacist after successfully completing a BAMS program. A pharmacist develops Ayurveda medicines in accurate composition.|
|Director||Students who wish to go into the field of executives can seek courses like Masters in Public Health (MPH), Masters in Health Administration (MHA), and MBA in Hospital and Healthcare Management. Such courses are of incredible interest and offer promising work openings for understudies.|
|Medication Manufacturer||Manufacturing of Ayurveda meds and related items, for example, beauty care products is a roaring business nowadays. To make a profession in the field, understudies can decide to seek after courses like MSc in Pharmaceutical Medicine and Diploma in Herbal Medicinal Manufacturing after the finish of the BAMS course.|
|Clinical Research Associate||These days numerous colleges are concocting diverse postgraduate courses in clinical examination. Understudies can seek after such courses to get some work as a Clinical Research Associate in the examination units of various drug organizations.|
|Health Supervisor/ Therapist||These days numerous global sightseers look towards taking regular Ayurveda medicines in wellbeing resorts and spa focuses across India. Travelers as a rule lean toward normal treatments for issues like joint inflammation, stoutness, headache, untimely maturing, skin sicknesses, elevated cholesterol, and diabetes. BAMS understudies can pick to function as managers in such wellbeing communities of different inns and resorts. Understudies can likewise open their own well-being place.|
|Clinical Supervisor||This alternative remembers filling in as a clinical manager for organizations that get ready Ayurveda meds.|
|Counselor||BAMS graduates can decide on a job as Ayurveda Counselor. The individual in question advances preventive medical services techniques through customary Ayurvedic clinical science.|
|Doctor||Before understudies start with their own clinical practice, it is constantly encouraged to work under some senior experts to acquire significant experience. Along with normal practice under a professional, understudies can likewise select particular practices (like treatment for spinal problems, skin infections, and so on) in the wake of acquiring complete information.|
|Teacher||A BAMS graduate up-and-comer can choose a vocation as an instructor. The person can settle on a postgraduate program and after effective finishing of the postgraduate program hopeful up-and-comers can take a crack at a Ph.d. program. After effective consummation of a Ph.D. program, the individual in question can decide on an educator job in any Ayurveda school.|
BAMS graduates can likewise land positions in these fields:
- Government and Private Hospitals
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Nursing Homes
- Government and Private Clinics
- Own Business
- Research Institutions
- Insurance Industry