MBBS in USA
Are you aware that 70% of International graduates who practice medicine in USA have actually graduated from Caribbean Medical Schools and Medical Universities in Central American countries like Belize? Central Americas is the central geographic region of the Americas and besides being a tourist destination is fast becoming a hub of medical education for international students from all over the world including India. Medical universities in Americas are the most sought after by Indian students wishing to study MBBS abroad.
Perhaps the top 10 reasons to study MBBS Abroad in Americas are:
- The curriculum follows the US education system grounding students to pursue further studied or career in USA
- Most Universities will require students to give the NBME National Board of Medical Examiners examination which is a US board exam after completing Basic Medical Sciences and Clinical Sciences making it easier to gain admission in USA as students in US give the same exam.
- MCAT score not required: To study MBBS in USA and Canada, students have to pass MCAT (medical college Admission Test). In Americas it is not required.
- Shorter course durations: 4 – 5.5 Years for Indian High School passed outs
- Premedical qualification is not mandatory in few universities for Indian students with strong academic background
- IELTS / TOEFL scores not mandatory in most universities
- Full USMLE training / preparations during the course of study
- Chance to do 2 Years of Clinical rotations program in teaching hospitals in USA / UK
- Safe and secure environment on and off campus with a higher standard of living
- Up to 5-10 times lesser cost than studying Medicine in USA or other major countries
What makes it worthwhile considering MBBS in Americas and countries like Belize is that most universities impart their medical education with full focus on preparing students to give the licensing examinations like the USMLE (USA), MCCQE (Canada), PLAB (UK), AMC (Aus / NZ), FMGE and EXIT (India).All medical programs in Central Americas are career oriented and give you value for money. Since they are recognized by global bodies, a student need not worry about his future course of action as they will be prepared to pursue medical practice or academics anywhere in the world.